Cannon Commander is a turn-based WarCraft III minigame developed by Sourc[e]x for
The Hive Workshop's Speed Mapping Contest #1. The entire map was created in six days.
Cannon Commander was primarily designed with two players in mind, but it is also playable single-player.
As it's a turn-based game, it is playable by two players using a single computer (Versus Mode) as well.
Both player are each given the control over a cannon, and must, in turns, try to take down the other player's cannon.
A new random terrain is generated every round, or by request from the players.
The wind is here to mess with your projectiles, and especially in "3D Platform Mode" it can become quite difficult to hit the target spot-on, so pay attention to the flags and the blue wind speed indicator, as the wind will be randomized by every turn and can affect the projectile by quite a lot.
• The map is open source for you to learn.
• Only works on newer WarCraft III patches.
• Two-player turn-based gameplay.
• 2D and 3D modes.
• Randomized terrain.
• Practice mode for single-player games.
• Open source map.
• Patch 1.24b+ compatibility update.
• Fixed a minor bug where you could destroy the flag poles.
• Fixed a minor script glitch.
• Skies now moves in the direction of the wind.
• The 'food' resource now serves as a second projectile display.
• Unit preloading has been implemented.
• Two more weapon types has been added.
• 2D terrain is now actually 2D.
• Camera abilities are now visually disabled in 2D mode.
• Terrain can now be deformed by projectile impacts.
• Trees can now be destroyed.
• Wind strength has been adjusted.
• More comments added.
• Initial release (contest version)