For my animation I will be animating some dude loading a heavy cannonball into a nearby cannon, much like the clip below. The character is curious about the cannon and want to try and load a cannonball into it. He know he's not allowed to do this, so he has to make sure no one's around before moving on. It all ends with him taking the cannonball to the face, sending him flying out of the frame at the speed of light - all because he's too curious for his own good.
I have chosen the Max rig for this specific task because it seems like a really nice and clean rig to work with.
2. Quickly looks around to ensure he's alone.
3. Looks back at the cannonball and begins to move towards it.
4. Getting ready to lift up the cannonball.
5. Getting a good grip before lifting.
6. Starts lifting.
7. Carries the ball towards the cannon, stopping right in front of the barrel.
8. Lifts the ball into the cannon and pushes it down the barrel.
9. Looks down the barrel to see what's happening to the cannonball down there.
10. Cannon suddenly fires, sending the rig flying.
For the actual lift of the cannonball into the barrel I'm looking for something like in the following videos: